The iPhone development industry is currently in high demand. Since smartphones are expected to grow up to 10% in the year 2010, the demand for application developers will also grow. Right now is the best time to own an iPhone development company, but owning the company is half the battle to turn it into a lucrative business. Finding new customers, marketing new ones, and getting referrals from previous satisfied customers is important.
How to win new customers:
1. One of the best ways to get new customers is to network with the iPhone development community. Post in forums related to this type of development and post your resume in areas you think potential clients may be looking for. Often times, iPhone development forums have areas where people post projects to find developers and for developers to post their resume.
2. Create quality apps that grab attention. For example, when a successful app is released, people notice and buy this app. This can lead to exposure for your development company and increased interest from people looking for similar apps. This builds your resume, exposes your business to customers, and can potentially increase your income through app sales.
3. Become an expected in the area of development of iPhone. This means writing articles, commenting on blogs, and answering questions on forums about design concepts. Showcase your work and let others know that you have a lot of experience and talent in this type of development.
4. Treat each customer as if it could lead to 10 new leads. If you have this attitude, you will create work that you will be proud of and your clients will be extremely happy too. Keep the lines of communication open at all times and respond to your customer in any way they may need. This will ensure that you leave satisfied and keep coming back for your iPhone development needs. Also, ask for a review of your services or add a testimonials page on your business website.
5. Look for freelance websites for new projects. There are tons out there, like GetaFreelancer, Elance, or PhoneFreelancer. I recommend PhoneFreelancer because it is a freelance website specifically for phone development projects, allowing you to find more lucrative and fun projects.
Finding new clients for your iPhone development company can be an easy task, it’s just important that you stay focused and target your marketing efforts on effective areas. Connect with others, create quality work, and market your business in areas where people are looking for developers. If you do all of this, your iPhone development company will get the exposure it needs to find new potential customers.